Job Location – Multiple Locations
The Building Superintendent (TBS) responsibilities is to maintain the BPHN facility units in order to ensure that units and buildings are maintained in a safe and reasonable manner.
The Superintendent visor will oversee all building assigned maintenance repairers. The BS will ensure that all operations are conducted in a respectful and responsible manor, ensuring that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures of our funders and BPHN Inc.
TBS is responsible for the repair and maintenance of buildings. He must supervise and lead maintenance staff in an effective manner and ensure the level of morale is maintained. He must also respond and report all concerns and complaints of clients in a positive and courteous manner. TBS will be on a 24-hour services call for emergencies. Failure to provide adequate services may result in unsafe or poorly maintained/unsafe unit and building conditions and may result in termination of employment.
TBS will work with Program staff to provide weekly building inspection reports as requested by Administration.
Reporting to the Vice President, Mass Market Growth and Channel Integration, the Manager, Integrated Marketing helps lead the strategy, execution and optimization of offline channels to acquire, grow, retain and reactivate the Mass Market donor audience. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day direct mail marketing plan, will develop and deploy rigorous testing strategies as well as seek out solutions to improve efficiencies. The role will collaborate cross-functionally on an integrated campaign approach with online channels to help drive the strategy and implementation of campaigns to drive mass market file growth and retention. This position also leads the execution of offline channels in support of high-value donor audience needs via collaboration with Sustainer and Mid-Level audience strategists. The Manager will serve as the catalyst and growth accelerate propelling a large, national direct to consumer fundraising program towards growth and investment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage maintenance and repairs to shelter units
- Conduct inspections of shelter units for needed services and repairs
- Coordinate emergency and regular repairs and coordinate repairs to buildings
- Work with Operations Department to ensure that Fire protection systems and equipment are properly maintained.
- Ensure that site grounds are maintained.
- Coordinates with Operations Department on the maintenance and repairs to structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Coordinates with Operations Department the maintenance and repairs of boilers, heating and ventilation systems.
- Coordinates with Operations Department the maintenance and repairs of building interiors and exteriors
- Coordinate supervision of maintenance ordering and inventory control for general building repairs.
- Coordinates with Operations the maintenance and repairs to appliances including stoves, refrigerators and washing machines.
- Supervises maintenance/porter staff in order to ensure a positive and healthy work environment
- TBS will conduct all job duties as required by Director of Operations and Site Director/Manager.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) to Five (5) years of Superintendent/Maintenance Worker Experience.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Carpentry (Sheetrocking, Ceiling Tiles, Molding)
- Tiling (Floor/Wall)
- Physically lift 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, cell phone.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional client situations; responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly, listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, able to read and interpret written information
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work site changes to address staff shortages/needs at other BPHN locations.
- Spanish speaking is a plus
SUPERVISION: Occasionally instructs or assists other employees. Sometimes delegates work assignments to others as directed by supervisor.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: OSHA Certification, Boiler Certification
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parents Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.