Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Compliance Coordinators responsibility is to coordinate the activities of all BPHN facilities according to BPHNs standards and processes and all funding agencies, state, and local laws standards. The Maintenance Compliance Coordinator (MCC) will ensure that the day-to-day facilities maintenance are being conducted accordingly to minimize violations and/or any necessary corrective action. The MCC is responsible for the coordination of corrective work and preventative measures targeted to meet compliance efforts.
The MCC, under the supervision of VP of Operations, will liaison with the Director of Operations to ensure that facilities are maintained in a safe and reasonable manner all while ensuring that all work sites are operating with high job-site safety standards and OSHA compliance. The MCC is also responsible for tracking all Building Violations and initiating meditation protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- MCC is responsible for the coordinated efforts of all building maintenance personnel in response to corrective plans and violation remediation at BPHN sites.
- Responsible for ensuring that inspections, maintenance, and repairs of all major systems are kept updated.
- Responsible for tracking all Building Violations and initiating mediation protocols.
- Track repair orders to ensure that work is performed within responsible time periods to comply as outlined in the organizations Property Management Plan and in response to any corrective action plans/violation responses.
- Maintains inventory in a condition presentable to internal parties and within the acceptable standards of BPHN.
- Work closely with Operation Managers and Superintendents to monitor work assignments and deadlines for subordinates (Maintenance Workers and Porters).
- Works with Human Resources to provide additional training/workshops that can enhance the skills of Operations Personnel including safety and OSHA compliance and keep them updated on BPHN policies and procedures.
- Works with sites to ensure that storage areas are keep clean and free from and hazardous situations and material.
- Will work with Program staff to ensure weekly building inspection are preformed weekly and that reports are provided as requested by Administration
- Will conduct all job duties as required by VP of Operations.
EXPERIENCE: At least Five (5) years of managing Superintendent/Maintenance staff, transitional housing experience preferred.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of overseeing projects in Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry (Sheetrocking, Ceiling Tiles, Molding), Painting, Tiling (Floor/Wall), ability to read and interpret blueprints a plus.
- Must understand the technical aspects of buildings.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Physically lift 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, cell phone.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional client situations; responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly, listens, and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly, able to read and interpret written information
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work site changes to address staff shortages/needs at other BPHN locations.
SUPERVISION: Usually instructs or assists other employees. Usually delegates work assignments to others as directed by supervisor.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: OSHA Certification
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parents Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.