The Residential aide is the primary connection between the operations staff and the client. The residential aide will spend a large amount of time with the residents. They will spend this time helping client who need more hands on assistance. RA’s will have a dual security and maintenance role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the security of the entire facility implementing the surveillance system and rounds
- Ensure the safety of all residents and staff
- Document all residents, staff and visitors entering and exiting the building; complete census forms, report all incidents, and log all events in the Facility Log Book.
- Facilitate resident new admissions and move outs.
- Record all daily census reports in the Cares system.
- Generate and submit nightly rosters and file all paper work relating to shift coverage.
- Provide a professional greeting to all visitors and callers.
- Generate and submit all incident reports, which include detailed information of the incident and names of the first responders ( police, ambulance, fire department, ACS, political parties, news).
- Ensure the lobby and front of the building are cleared at all times.
- Prevent loitering in all areas within and surrounding the building.
- Assist with fire drills/emergency evacuations.
- Assist custodial and security staff with the maintenance and security of the facility.
- Distribute mail to staff and clients.
- Enforce the curfew regulation and facilitate room check and hourly rounds. Facilitate the food distribution process including receiving food delivery, light food preparation (no cooking), serving food, and disposal of trash. Implement all programmatic needs as necessary and outlined by the director.
- Responsible for partial intake assessment including but not limited to; client
POSITION SCOPE: Responsible for providing safety and general support to assigned program in various department or division.
PROBLEM-SOLVING: Problems encountered by the incumbent are straightforward and can usually be resolved using common sense or through supervisory guidance.
KNOWLEDGE: Job duties require a general familiarity with Bronx Parent Housing Network Association programs, services and operations.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Makes routine, relatively low-cost expenditures, as delegated by supervisor.
CONTACTS: Incumbent works primarily with Shelter Director; external contacts are frequent and limited in scope.
SUPERVISION: Occasionally instructs or assists other employees.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent or the equivalent combination of education and experience. High School Diploma/ GED Proper certification as follows: NYS Security License, Eight and Sixteen Hour Certificates, NYC Fire Safety Coordinator (F24) and First Aid and CPR Certificate
Experience: 1 to 2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in a social services agency required. Direct client/participant services preferred. Related Skills or Knowledge: Computer literacy-skills in Microsoft Suite.
Employee must be proficient in written and oral English; Written and oral Spanish proficiency is strongly preferred.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parent Housing Network Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside Bronx Parent Housing Network. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside Bronx Parent Housing Network. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.