Provides administrative and general support to the Bronx Parent Housing Network’s program by providing office assistance and implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies that support program participants and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains office workflow by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies that maximize the efficiency of office service and the quality of work product.
- Streamlines the communication process among staff. Assists with the maintenance of the Shelter Director’s calendar for workshop schedules and scheduling meeting dates for all upcoming meetings and follow up calls to ensure appointments are kept.
- Supports program professionals by conducting research, compiling information and managing data. Assists program staff in maintaining folders updated and inputting program activities into the online database system. Prepares reports, documents and letters to support program work processes. Coordinates the distribution of information, proposals, manuals and other materials.
- Ensures quality work standards by editing reports, documents and letters before distribution.
- Maintains inventory and coordinates ordering of office supplies and equipment for internal procedures.
- Promotes positive image of the organization through communicating Bronx Parent Housing Network, Inc.’s mission and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Delivers program and technical assistance to colleagues, in collaboration with other offices or agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Responsible for providing administrative and general support to assigned program in various departments or divisions.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Problems encountered by the incumbent are straightforward and can usually be resolved using common sense or through supervisory guidance.
KNOWLEDGE: Job duties require a general familiarity with Bronx Parent Housing Network, Inc.’s programs services and operations.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Makes routine low-cost expenditures, as designated by supervisor.
CONTACTS: Works primarily with Shelter Director; external contacts are frequent and limited in scope.
SUPERVISION: Occasionally instructs or assists other employees.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years professional experience in social services agency required. Direct client/ participant services preferred.
Related Skills/Knowledge: Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills necessary. Ability to operate office equipment. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and database management. Basic accounting knowledge. Candidate (employee) must be proficient in written and oral English; written and oral Spanish proficiency is (strongly) preferred.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parents Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.